Monday, December 28, 2015

Inteviewing The Interviewer

This time around at the Country House, I'd thought I'd try something a little different from the usual ranting, commenting, raving, and general curmudgeonliness (whew!).  This get-together will be an interview with a writing colleague who was kind enough to interview me on her blog.  Her books look frightening enough to scare a politician into complete honesty!  Since turnabout is fair play (and the hot toddies are ready), please allow me to introduce indie author Mercedes Fox.






What is your author name (Pen name)? Mercedes Fox
Why do you write?  It’s something I’ve always wanted to do since childhood. I’ve never been bashful about telling what I’m thinking.

What is the current book you are promoting?  I’m pushing ‘Poaching the Immortal’. It’s the second book in the ‘Vengeance of the Werewolf’ series. It stars Ted Applegate who goes on a hunting trip only to discover he’s the hunted. It just released this month.

What is your next project?  I’m working on my fourth book. It’ll be the third in my ‘Vengeance of the Werewolf’ series. This time I’m delving into the character of Nico Howell. I left some open questions about him and his broken arm in the first book.


How do you write your books?  I don’t use an ‘office’ per say. My spot is on the sofa with my Macbook in my lap and my fur babies sitting next to me.

Who inspires your writing?  I would say JK Rowling, R.W. Ridley, Sara Shepard, Jonathan Stroud, Charlene Harris, JK Brandon, and even though I don’t much like their books Stephanie Meyer and EL James. I prefer Stephanie Meyer’s Twilight movies and it’s nothing to do with the ‘sparkling vampire’ issues so many people have. Same with EL James. I don’t like Fifty Shades of Grey movie or books. But they both inspire me because like JK Rowling they were nobodies who came up with a beautiful idea and wrote it down and look where they are now. This is what inspires me. When I see an indie author like myself breaking out, that’s motivation. I figure if they can do it, I can do it.

Who is your favorite author?   I have a couple, JK Rowling, R.W. Ridley, Sara Shepard, JK Brandon and Jonathan Stroud.

What is one thing you hate about being a writer?  Marketing. It’s a lot of work getting your name/brand out and viewed and making book sales. When I released my first novel ‘Vengeance of the Werewolf’ I pushed it out on social media and sent a copy off to 75+ Barnes and Noble stores across the nation. I contacted bookstores within 100 mile radius of home asking to have my book featured on the local author racks. Needless to say, it was a waste of my time. I was on the brink of giving up.

I'm glad you didn't give up, Mercedes.  Your books are starting to garner some great reviews on Amazon and should soon be attracting a lot of attention to you and your writing.

Thanks for stopping by the Country House!

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1Ok5deq

Book Links USA: 
Vengeance of the Werewolf: http://amzn.to/1MeWBlF
Life After: Werewolf Dominationhttp://amzn.to/1N2z7VP 
Poaching the Immortal: http://amzn.to/21wzQ7Q

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment here